When you volunteer, you give the best gift of all – yourself.
Volunteers are essential members of The Learning Source team – providing the individual help that is often key to the success of our students. Volunteers bring positive energy, enthusiasm and confidence to our students and families, while sharing diverse perspectives that lead to better learning outcomes.
This is a great opportunity to give back to your local community by mentoring, tutoring and helping students work toward their educational goals. Volunteers help The Learning Source staff with one-on-one instruction and small group work.
Making A Difference
“I love what I am able to do as a volunteer for The Learning Source. Helping others, learning from the students and their cultures – it enriches my life.”
Volunteer for the family literacy, GED and ESL programs
The initial time commitment is one session per week (each session is about 2-1/2 hours) for approximately 13-17 weeks. We have volunteer opportunities available during daytime and evenings, Monday through Friday.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have or be willing to set up an email account, since most communication will take place using email.
- Must complete our two-part, six-hour free orientation and training series.
- Should have a caring attitude and be creative, patient, understanding and open to new experiences.
Becoming a volunteer is easy.
Complete an online orientation module.
Select a location preference.