Mission Statement The Learning Source believes education is essential to people’s freedom, their confidence, and their ability to perform in the family, community and workplace. We provide opportunities for motivated adult learners and families to attain educational goals for themselves and their children through: adult and family literacy, GED and English instruction provided by trained volunteer tutors, led by a dedicated staff and accessible centers located within the community.
- We are dedicated to providing an environment that encourages adult students and families to define and achieve their educational goals and realize the benefits of life-long learning.
- We recognize that our volunteers are essential in nurturing our students in the accomplishment of their goals.
- We respect and appreciate the diverse nature and contributions of the Learning Source Community.
- We are committed to active leadership and innovative problem-solving in adult education and family literacy within our community.
- We follow sound financial and administrative practices to promote the cause of adult education and family literacy.
What The Learning Source Does Founded in 1964, The Learning Source’s mission reflects our work with the undereducated: “We provide opportunities for motivated adult learners and families to attain their educational goals through adult and family literacy, GED preparation, and English language instruction.” The Learning Source operates 22 programs throughout metropolitan Denver. During the 2011-12 school-year we worked with over 2000 adults and families During the program year, more than 145 volunteers donated over 8500 hours to help our students meet their educational goals.